Frequently Asked Questions
Awards of financial assistance could be made for, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Professional Development
- Tuition fees, mentoring, etc
- Modification to equipment
- Purchase of equipment or materials or access to specialised machinery
- Exhibition expenses
Entrants should not be constrained by the examples given above, however if in doubt please contact the Trustees.
- Entries may be made by any person with an intellectual, physical, psychiatric, cognitive or sensory disability. Note that entries may be prepared and submitted on behalf of a person with a disability – but only with their agreement and consent.
- Artists must be resident in South Australia.
- Emerging practitioners of a diverse range of visual arts, crafts and design are eligible, including but not limited to: painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, ceramics, jewellery, textiles, video and sound, and performance art. More experienced artists seeking professional development as a result of a newly acquired disability may also be eligible.
- Artists must submit 6-8 high quality examples of their work, or 3-5 for media arts video and sound), completed within the last two years together with a CV for consideration of artistic merit and potential for development.
- The proposed use of the Award should further the artist’s development in their chosen medium.
If support is sought for materials, equipment or exhibition expenses, you should include a list of items and their approximate cost.
If support is for tuition, mentoring or other education, indicate proposed fees, length of course, and name of the school or tutor. Also indicate when you propose to undertake the study.
The requested total (excluding any in-kind or other contributions) must not exceed $3,000.
For painting, sculpture, ceramics, jewellery etc, please upload photographs of 6-8 recent works. These files should be of a high quality to enable the assessors to view the work clearly. Each image should be no larger than 5 Mb in size, 300 dpi, and in one of the following formats: jpeg, jpg, tiff, png or pdf.
For media arts (time-related art such as video or sound), please limit each work’s duration to 3 minutes, and rather than uploading the files, please provide links to 3-5 recent pieces on platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, or a webpage.
When you select ‘Save and Continue’ you will be presented with a unique URL (web address) to return to and continue your entry. You simply add your email address and the unique URL will be emailed to you for later use.
Please note that only text entered in the form will be saved. Any documents selected for upload (reference, CV etc and artwork images) will need to be selected again when you return to complete the entry process.